Don’t just settle on price alone
Question by Prospective Client: I’ve called around and found that there are many different prices for the same procedure. Why wouldn’t anyone get filler/anti wrinkle injections for a better price especially when two different facilities are using the exact same product?
Answer from Renaissance Skin Care: Are all practices using the same product? There are many types of filler/anti wrinkle injections within Australia now coming in from Asia and Europe. Having a cosmetic procedure is not the same as buying retail merchandise. While it makes sense to buy authentic perfume on sale at 30 percent off compared to the full price, there is much more to a cosmetic procedure than buying merchandise.
The key difference between retail merchandise and a cosmetic procedure lies in the skill of the person performing the treatment. While the products such Restylane or Juvederm may be available at different facilities, significant differences in the skill, knowledge level of the experienced injector lowers the levels of risk that exist when a needle pierces the skin. Our practice is quite often called upon to dissolve other people’s work, its difficult from our point of view not knowing what’s actually been injected.
As the cosmetic surgery market becomes more commercialized and competitive, many pop up non-qualified facilities, have entered the market to offer services, often at heavily discounted prices, operating out of homes, hairdressing salons and shopping centres. Much of the marketing is directed at price rather than skill, misleading consumers to focus primarily on price rather than quality of the end result. This is especially prevalent with non-surgical and minimal invasive procedures that don’t require the certification or training needed to be a surgeon.
Tips to reduce your chances of a poorer result include:
1) Do not make price your main focus; do not settle on price alone.
2) Seek a cosmetic injector who is qualified in the area of expertise you are seeking.
3) Consider avoiding lower level providers such as back yard providers and unskilled injectors etc. Their skill, knowledge and training are different from that of most of cosmetic and plastic surgeons.
4) If you are having face work, seek out a face anatomy specialist rather than someone who does a little bit of everything all over the body.
5) If you are interested in a particular procedure such as Belkyra, Hyperhidrosis, Dermal fillers or anti wrinkle injection seek out someone with extensive experience in these treatments. Pin them down as to how many syringes of filler or vials they perform each week. It’s vital that once a vial is opened that it’s used with 48 hours to ensure the strength of the product.
Seeking a qualified and experienced injector can be the defining difference between an excellent or poor result from filler injections. This becomes even more important with 9-12 month fillers since you have a long-term result which needs to be done right the first time around.
Our policy is simple: to deliver the best results possible while providing our clients with great value, all conducted in a medical facility by highly educated, trained, caring and professional staff.
If you have any queries or questions, private message me through face book or via email@example.com.